This is a forum dedicated to Zelda hacking (specifically A Link To The Past).

HomeGalleryFAQROM MapRAM MapMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fast ROM patch done!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wiiqwertyuiop
Need anything? PM me and i'll try my best to help!

PostSubject: Fast ROM patch done!   Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:20 pm

This is a patch still currently being worked on, it will dramatically decrease slow down in your hacks. In its current state it is very functional and will decrease slow down quite a bit, but it is not finished as of yet (I need to move EVERY long jump to fast ROM area D:), but I thought I mine as well let everyone in on it now Wink. It also doesn't (technically) require freespace! Enjoy! And tell me if you find any bugs or if you need help patching it!

Last edited by wiiqwertyuiop on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com
SePH

PostSubject: Re: Fast ROM patch done!   Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:19 am

That's a pretty nice message board you got there! I especially like those ROM/RAM maps buttons at the top! On topic, I haven't had time to try this patch yet... my question is, since is still WIP, should I apply it directly to my current rom and then continue my usual progres or should I wait for a final patch?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wiiqwertyuiop

PostSubject: Re: Fast ROM patch done!   Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:20 pm

It's completely fine to patch it as it is now, the next time you patch the newest version it will keep the changes you already have and make the new changes.

Quote :
That's a pretty nice message board you got there!

Also I guess you could say its nice Razz its pretty dead right now, but I'm hoping my surprise I release on May 7 will really get this place active.

Also welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wiiqwertyuiop

PostSubject: Re: Fast ROM patch done!   Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Finished the patch! It's the same download as before.

Just apply FastROM.asm and your good to go! Should be safe to patch over the old one if you use the same freespace, otherwise don't worry about it.

If you need a idea of how much speed you gain it took about 267 frames to get to the title screen on a normal ROM and only 242 on the one patched with this. You can also expect some noticeable differences. I was able to put 4 (thats all HM would let me put) octoblimps/octoballons on screen without any slowdown, normally one would cause some.

Have fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SePH

PostSubject: Re: Fast ROM patch done!   Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:56 am

Whoa! Many thanks for this! Almost passed right by it... Hadn't had much rom hacking time lately (yes Skyrim, I'm looking at you!), but this will sure come in handy once I pick up my hack once more. Especially with those crazy random fireball shooters from Parallel Worlds which were ported into my hack. Lag no more, here we go!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fast ROM patch done!   

Back to top Go down

Fast ROM patch done!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1