This is a forum dedicated to Zelda hacking (specifically A Link To The Past).

HomeGalleryFAQROM MapRAM MapMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Gimmicks and Ideas Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wiiqwertyuiop
Need anything? PM me and i'll try my best to help!

PostSubject: Gimmicks and Ideas Thread   Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:13 am

Post any ideas/gimmicks you thought of here. It's better then making a whole new thread for it.

I actually thought of one that might be cool. It'd be neat to do something similar to Mojar's Mask in ALttP. You could have three days or whatever to do certain tasks and accomplish things then you could use the ocarina to go back in time, you could even use the mirror sequence (when you are switching between the light and dark world) when going back in time. Then you can use the dark world stages as regular stages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com
Dumuzi

PostSubject: Re: Gimmicks and Ideas Thread   Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:42 am

Majora's mask was my least favorite Zelda. The game fell too much like Ocarina of Time, in my sense...
Moreover, I dislike ultimatums. I'm a big fan of the exploration aspect in LoZ, and MM ruined it by hassling you about the moon menace. It doesn't make the game any more difficult but sure less enjoyable as you've gotta go straight to the point or go back in time to try again.
After the two first dungeons completed, I dropped it and said "to the hell"

Apart from that, I gotta admit the mask gimmick was genius. If emulated in hacking, it could open a wide range of possibilities Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omen267901

PostSubject: Re: Gimmicks and Ideas Thread   Mon May 07, 2012 8:12 pm

I would like to see an ACTUAL ocarina in the game. I mean, there is one, but it sucks (And it's called the flute.). I would like to see one that you can play songs on. I think weather would be nice too. Like maybe when it rains, you walk slower, but grass and bushes give better loot. Or maybe when it snows, there are less enemies, but you can get frostbite. Better potions would be nice, like potion of strength, speedy potion, etc.
I also would like to see stuff like buffs and debuffs. Like frostbite could make you lose health, or maybe strong would increase damage you would do.

Also, irrelevant, but I hope this forum goes good. The last ALttP hacking forums went into oblivion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gimmicks and Ideas Thread   

Back to top Go down

Gimmicks and Ideas Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1