This is a forum dedicated to Zelda hacking (specifically A Link To The Past).

HomeGalleryFAQROM MapRAM MapMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Changing GFX

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wiiqwertyuiop
Need anything? PM me and i'll try my best to help!

PostSubject: Changing GFX   Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:08 am

How do I go about changing the GFX in alttp? I assume you guys use zcompress, but how do you re-insert them in the ROM?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com
Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: Changing GFX   Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:44 am

Same way you got it out. The main issue with zcompress is that it requires the header in the rom and a specific size of the rom compatible to a 8000 byte banks. This is highly unlikely with the modified rom, so you need lunar expand to expand it to 2MB.

Another problem of zcompress is, that you can not run it, but you must run a cmd command line in c,windows,system32. This small aplication must be copy pasted into the folder with the zcompress. Opening cmd then will make the path to zcompress automatic.

Once you have the rom zelda.smc in the folder, you need to type the command in cmd: zcompress 0 zelda.smc gfx.bin to decompress the gfx. After editing in YY-CHR, you can recompress it using the command: zcompress 1 87200 zelda.smc gfxedit.bin. The .smc is the name of the rom, 0 is decompress, 1 is recompress, 87200 is the start hex address to write to, .bin is the name of the gfx file.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
wiiqwertyuiop
Need anything? PM me and i'll try my best to help!

PostSubject: Re: Changing GFX   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:24 pm

Hm.. ok i wanted to make sure I was doing it right, it seems like it would overwrite code like that (unless it moves it?).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com
Webber1900

PostSubject: Re: Changing GFX   Wed May 09, 2012 9:21 pm

You can also hold down shift and right-click in the folder and there will be an option to open a command prompt
window. You can also use batch files to import/export the GFX too. Just pointing that out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing GFX   

Back to top Go down

Changing GFX
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hyrule Hacking :: LTTP Hacking :: ALTTP Hacking-
Jump to: