This is a forum dedicated to Zelda hacking (specifically A Link To The Past).
 
HomeGalleryFAQROM MapRAM MapMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Aeranima

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue May 29, 2012 9:45 am

NOTE! I know about the grammar fail at the mockup below. XD



WIP Project started 2008.

I've been working on graphics and illustrations for 4 years and have finally begun to try understanding Hyrule Magic which will take another 4 years to understand if there's none to help me speed up the process. Razz

However, here's what I got regarding this illustrated ROM-hack:


New Items



- The Magnet can be used to attract or repel magnetized objects. If the affected object is stuck in the ground, Link will attract or repel himself accordingly. Opposite polarities will attract each other, and equal polarities will repel each other.



-Lens of Truth is a magical looking glass that can see through any illusion, such as hidden doors, pits and other things. It may also be used to ascertain the contents of a large Treasure Chest before opening it. The Lens of Truth will slowly drain the user of magic power. It acts only in the middle of the screen like the Lamp item.



- It is the 2nd of 2 main treasures hidden inside of the Sky Temple in the Light World. It is needed to stand against hard blowing winds and slippery surfaces.



- Found in the deep caves of Death Mountain in the Dark World. The Cane of Liluri transforms your enemies into statues as long as you have magic power. (Good for dungeon switches) It can be used to create platforms as well. It drains the magic power quite fast, so only use it when you need to.



- The Bombchu is a self-propelled variant of the bomb. The name comes from the fact that it is an explosive ("Bomb") and the fact that it resembles a mouse ("chu" being a Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound a mouse makes). It's a remote-controlled bomb you can control where ever you want (floor only) before it detonates and blow the entire area into pieces.


Passage Grid




HELP WANTED!!!!!!!! lol!


-Aeranima afro


Last edited by Aeranima on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:51 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : One more image.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
Aeranima

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue May 29, 2012 9:57 am

Back in 2008 when me and my best friend worked on the overworld. XD



Last edited by Aeranima on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
wiiqwertyuiop
Need anything? PM me and i'll try my best to help!
avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue May 29, 2012 10:41 am

Wow everything looks really good! Do all of those power-ups work?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com
Aeranima

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue May 29, 2012 10:44 am

wiiqwertyuiop wrote:
Wow everything looks really good! Do all of those power-ups work?

No, this isn't a working hack. This are work in progress though I still need to figure out how to program in hyrule magic since it's the only tool available except for black magic which releases later. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
MOTE

avatar

Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-05-29
Location : Zelda 3 land.

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue May 29, 2012 10:54 am

Hey you need to give me credit too!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeranima

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue May 29, 2012 10:57 am

MOTE wrote:
Hey you need to give me credit too!!

For what? :S You've done nothing so far! :O All this are my pixel work. You were going to help me with dungeon designs and at the moment you got nothing for me. :O


Last edited by Aeranima on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
Puzzledude

avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue May 29, 2012 2:15 pm

That's a nice project you have there. Also to tell you about your gfx problems/questions. Once you have your overworld in a editor like Tiled, you need to decompress the gfx from alttp into a bin file using zcompress and then open it in yy-chr. Here you must disasemble the specific tiles to fit into a gfx tile. After recompressing new graphics, you can assemble new overwords in HM.

I am rather drawing in yy-chr rather than other programs to avoid double drawing. Some areas have hardcoded overlays, so it is best to make such a grid, so that some areas don't appear, like 5B, which has the annoing overlay, that will probably not match your new area.

Regarding the new items, lots of asm is required to do this, specially the jump with the feather is questionable. And there are not many asm zelda guys around.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeranima

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue May 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Puzzledude wrote:
That's a nice project you have there. Also to tell you about your gfx problems/questions. Once you have your overworld in a editor like Tiled, you need to decompress the gfx from alttp into a bin file using zcompress and then open it in yy-chr. Here you must disasemble the specific tiles to fit into a gfx tile. After recompressing new graphics, you can assemble new overwords in HM.

I am rather drawing in yy-chr rather than other programs to avoid double drawing. Some areas have hardcoded overlays, so it is best to make such a grid, so that some areas don't appear, like 5B, which has the annoing overlay, that will probably not match your new area.

Regarding the new items, lots of asm is required to do this, specially the jump with the feather is questionable. And there are not many asm zelda guys around.


I thank you for your reply. I did email you a while back. ^^ You probably remember me since it was 2 weeks ago via Romhacking.net. Razz

I did use a template I made to draw the overworld correctly in tiled. And regarding the ASM people. I guess I have to learn ASM myself. If not, I guess I have to turn to other forums to find one good enough. ^^

Anyways. Thanks for the reply and kind critique. I'll be keepin' an eye on your project as well!

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
Aeranima

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue May 29, 2012 2:56 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
wiiqwertyuiop
Need anything? PM me and i'll try my best to help!
avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue May 29, 2012 8:11 pm

I think this one is really good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com
Aeranima

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue May 29, 2012 8:12 pm

wiiqwertyuiop wrote:
I think this one is really good.

This one? Smile The link regarding the AMS?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
wiiqwertyuiop
Need anything? PM me and i'll try my best to help!
avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Wed May 30, 2012 10:39 am

Yeah if you are looking for a good one I would recommend that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com
Aeranima

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Wed May 30, 2012 12:46 pm

wiiqwertyuiop wrote:
Yeah if you are looking for a good one I would recommend that.

Guess it's time to go hardcore then. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
Aeranima

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Think I caught a big fish regarding the AMS scripting department of the development. Just wanted to let you guys know that these items may be implemented soon into the hack.

Aeranima
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
Puzzledude

avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Really? Then you are a fast learner. If you ever get involved in overworld overlays that also require recoding, it would be nice to know how to remove all the annoing overlays, specially the one in area 4B (i.e. the Pyramid in the dark world). I think with all overlays removed, one would have a nice basis, and then choose to add new overlays to fit new overworlds (or not add them).

The other day I was drawing one small area for Gates of Time and when I tested it, the treese were flashing purple! I forgot that this was actually former death mountain in the dark world. I actually solved all these kind of problems by changing the overworld grid.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeranima

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Puzzledude wrote:
Really? Then you are a fast learner. If you ever get involved in overworld overlays that also require recoding, it would be nice to know how to remove all the annoing overlays, specially the one in area 4B (i.e. the Pyramid in the dark world). I think with all overlays removed, one would have a nice basis, and then choose to add new overlays to fit new overworlds (or not add them).

The other day I was drawing one small area for Gates of Time and when I tested it, the treese were flashing purple! I forgot that this was actually former death mountain in the dark world. I actually solved all these kind of problems by changing the overworld grid.


Yo puzzle.

What I meant with "catched a big fish" is that I probably found a programmer willing to help me! Me and him will talk closer on this topic in a few hours, but as we reach the overlay department (I think you're talking about the backdrop if I'm not mistakening) I will make sure to make it a prior question to the ASM programmer.

I get back to you with more info when I get there.

Aeranima
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
Omen267901



Posts : 27
Join date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:53 pm

This is looking really good. I would ask if I could help if I knew Hyrule magic better, but me? Know Hyrule magic? Next century maybe! That stuff is confusing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeranima

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:55 pm

Lol Omen? What? XD I didn't get your reply at all! XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
Aeranima

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:07 pm

[Deleted]


Last edited by Aeranima on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
Aeranima

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:08 pm

Omen267901 wrote:
This is looking really good. I would ask if I could help if I knew Hyrule magic better, but me? Know Hyrule magic? Next century maybe! That stuff is confusing.

lol, took me a while to figure out what you were talking about! XD Lol... English isn't my native language, sorry for being a f***-up trying to understand your sentance! XD And yes, Hyrule Magic suck badonkeyass!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
Puzzledude

avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:57 am

It's interesting that so many people don't like Hyrule Magic. Let me give you some quick hints of what Not to do in the program, so that you don't bug your file.

-Never use the function Remove all exits.
-Before altering the global overworld grid in the Map menu, choose remove all overworld sprites.
-After altering the global overworld grid the program will insert certain things, so choose remove all entrances, whirlpools and flute locations.
-Never put whirlpools (water warps) or items in the overworld (sooner or later this will be buged).
-Do not use Hyrule Magic to import new gfx, use zcompress and yy-chr instead.

-If the message pops up saying the data of this room is reused etc, select yes (detwins rooms)
-If the message pops up saying the header of this room is reused etc, select no (saves header space)

If you use HM, you should also partially know the game's structure in hex to be able to fix some of the problems that occur during multiple edits.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeranima

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:26 am

Puzzledude wrote:
It's interesting that so many people don't like Hyrule Magic. Let me give you some quick hints of what Not to do in the program, so that you don't bug your file.

-Never use the function Remove all exits.
-Before altering the global overworld grid in the Map menu, choose remove all overworld sprites.
-After altering the global overworld grid the program will insert certain things, so choose remove all entrances, whirlpools and flute locations.
-Never put whirlpools (water warps) or items in the overworld (sooner or later this will be buged).
-Do not use Hyrule Magic to import new gfx, use zcompress and yy-chr instead.

-If the message pops up saying the data of this room is reused etc, select yes (detwins rooms)
-If the message pops up saying the header of this room is reused etc, select no (saves header space)

If you use HM, you should also partially know the game's structure in hex to be able to fix some of the problems that occur during multiple edits.


Sounds like you've had a blast using Hyrule Magic. ^^ Thanks for the heads-up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
wiiqwertyuiop
Need anything? PM me and i'll try my best to help!
avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:32 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com
Aeranima

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:34 pm

wiiqwertyuiop wrote:
This may be of some interest.

Whattaya mean? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
wiiqwertyuiop
Need anything? PM me and i'll try my best to help!
avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:58 pm

That patch lets overlays work in certain areas, which I think someone mentioned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   

Back to top Go down
 
The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Review: The Legend of Zelda ~ A Link Between Worlds (3DS Retail)
» Review: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Wii U VC)
» Preview: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS Retail)
» The Legend of Zelda:Wind Waker
» The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask -n64-

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hyrule Hacking :: LTTP Hacking :: ALTTP Hacking :: Releases and Discussion :: Works in Progress and Projects-
Jump to: