This is a forum dedicated to Zelda hacking (specifically A Link To The Past).

HomeGalleryFAQROM MapRAM MapMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SePH

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Aeranima wrote:
This one?

Shocked

Smile

... .. .... ... ...

Very Happy

*takes a deep breath!* THIS had to be to MOST impressive custom made boat in the LTTP style I've seen since forever!! It's purely an ingenious piece of art in itself! I'm pretty sure it uses too much tiles for the game to normally have all those tiles on screen... But by using the graphic schemes editor in the other hyrule magic version that was released a few years back (that had a few addition to it), it's easily do-able! Could even have a spooky fog overlay in there for the dark world version of the ship!

Too many good zelda 3 hacks going on at the same time... *head explodes!* bounce

I'm going to have to postpone my work on the castle until 6 days, since I'm going to do overtime tommorow aswell. But usually, I work on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and on Sunday.. leaving my three days weekly to either spend with my friends or never answering their phones/door bells and spend some time editing this game intensively while I still can! Whether it be:

Parallel Worlds remodel
Gates of Time
Parallel Universes
Prophet of Chaos Wink
Renascence of Evil

cheers

Last edited by SePH on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:35 am

This is for you Seph and puzzle. ^^

Back in 2008

Don't know where the sample with the fog and belltower went but here's an early mockup...

Belltower

As you can see there's a whole new color depth put into this version of Zelda. But this is a scrapped project since I went with keeping the actual Zelda III feel to my 4-years-of-work-hack. Very Happy I'm sure you get what I'm talking about. ^^

Anyways! I will keep editing my overworld based on the light world passage grid. Hope you liked the other previews of the ships. ^^

-Aeranima

EDIT:

Found a preview back in the days of how it would look! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:18 am

Ok. Time for a new update regarding the topic "BOSSES." So here are the list of finished sprites of bosses:

Light World:

Forest Temple √ 100%
Water Temple 55%
Lava Temple 15%
??? 0%

Dark World:

Crystal 1 0%
Crystal 2 0%
Crystal 3 0%
Crystal 4 0%
Crystal 5 0%
Crystal 6 0%
Crystal 7 (Desert of Evil) √ 100%
??? 0%
Ganon 95%

Now Ganon is my personal favorite. He'll have 2 versions, all custom made by me of course. Wink For those with "0%" they aren't really 0%, just mockups and ideas of what to put in each temple. Hardest part being that the temple items found will be used in a certain way on the boss. Smile It doesn't limit the ideas to come up with for bosses, but limits the way to build the sprites. And personally, sprites and tiles is my strongest area and I know you'll love the boss-fights. I will make sure to post ALL bosses when they're done. I don't see the satisfaction in revealing "some" when you can get "all." pirat

And, I've looked up on the internet which bosses from EVERY Zelda game that are the most funniest to defeat and made them references for this game. And NO! They won't be rip-offs! They will be inspiration-sources!

Anyways! This is how far I've gotten.

-Aeranima

Edit:

I won't show you Ganon's 2 versions because those 2 will be a surprise playing through the game mothafuckaz, but I'm more than sure that you'll drop your cheeks fighting him! (And probably shit your pants as well).
lol!

Did I say I was going to make custom made bosses, and no rips from ALTTP? Razz Well, now you know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:57 am

Any ideas of where to put the temple entrance? XD

Since you'll have hookshot by now you'll probably want to hookshot over to the upper area?
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:24 pm

New update again!

Area 16, 17, 20, 21, 27, 28, 31, 34 and 35 are finished of the Light World and are ready to be implemented into Hyrule Magic! Pew, hard working building an entire overworld! But hey, it's fun when seeing it finished, right? Razz

Now all I have to do is to polish the other areas carefully and insert some custom tiles, wait for Seph's version of my castle and then continue building the overworld (light world version). Ohoy!

- Aeranima
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:20 am

So, Lake Hylia is finally 100% completed and Zora's River + Waterfall (will rename waterfall to something else since there's no waterfall there. ;P)

SPOILER!

Edit:

Here are the whirls and notes around them! Very Happy

Hammer found in Fire Temple at Death Mountain.

Zora's flippers found in Zora's Cavern. To get there you need to walk around entire Lake Hylia and of course trade the flippers with Zora King for another sweet 500 rupees as in the original game. ^^

You will need the flippers when entering the water temple since you need to swim out to the whirls where the water temple will pop-up, but first, you need the hammer from fire temple to hit that switch next to the whirls. To get there you need to proceed walking deeper at the bottom corner of Hyrule, get to the door which is marked there, fight your way through the dungeon and then you're at the switch! Voíla! You will get hookshot from the water temple which is needed for the next dungeon. ^^

Back to top Go down
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:37 am

Update!

Light World of Hyrule is soon finished!

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:40 pm

For those who don't know about the Light World Map. This is my mock up image of the Light World which I look at when I create the overworld. Just thought you should know how I work. Smile

Into>

- Aeranima
Back to top Go down
SePH

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:08 pm

We work pretty much the same. I actually have a picture of my complete overworld as it is in Hyrule Magic and another one that works as blueprints. I basicly build my tilesets/palettes this way. Although I actually edit the 4096x4096 pictures directly in paint shop pro 9 (the newer versions don't work well with YY-CHR).

Otherwise magnificiant work! You're on the right path!! As for showing whole overworlds areas, an old sage told me (was it MathOnNapkins?!) the following: ''showing whole overworlds areas usually spoil the fun of searching for areas for people'' ... at least that what's the old sage said, feel free to do as you please through! Very Happy I know for one I have half-followed that advice so far Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:14 pm

SePH wrote:
We work pretty much the same. I actually have a picture of my complete overworld as it is in Hyrule Magic and another one that works as blueprints. I basicly build my tilesets/palettes this way. Although I actually edit the 4096x4096 pictures directly in paint shop pro 9 (the newer versions don't work well with YY-CHR).

Otherwise magnificiant work! You're on the right path!! As for showing whole overworlds areas, an old sage told me (was it MathOnNapkins?!) the following: ''showing whole overworlds areas usually spoil the fun of searching for areas for people'' ... at least that what's the old sage said, feel free to do as you please through! Very Happy I know for one I have half-followed that advice so far Razz

Well you, I will delete this thread when I'm done with the game. ^^ I've always believed in showcasing what you've got to attract players. ^^ When the task is completed, I know that many will recognize the title of this hack and play through it. ^^

I may spoil the light world, but not dungeons, the new bosses nor the dark world. ^^

Keep following my thread Seph! Smile (And all you other visitors out there which I know following this development!) <-- based on the number of views. XD

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:47 am

Yeey! Managed to take a whole day to post something new. Very Happy So I've finally fixed most of the overworld! It's pretty much finished! The blue is what's left! Enjoy the non-spoiler version!

Back to top Go down
Spane

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:36 am

Hey Aeranima. rendeer
I'm Spane, a german Zelda 3 Hacker. LoZ - Prophet Of Chaos
I just wanted to give a feedback to your work. I like your present work. Your lightworld is really well done. Nevertheless I still bring a small but.
You can recognize in your lightworld a few original areas. That would be for me, if I can play your hack one day :-) , a small manko.
This is not to suggest that your hack is bad. If this is the intention of you, then it is simply made ​​just awesome. And do not worry it's just my opinion. Smile
And @ SePH Very Happy My hack is called Prophet Of Chaos, not Prophecy Of Chaos. You probably have a bit of Dark Prophecy mixed to. Very Happy

Greetings Spane

Last edited by Spane on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SePH

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Aeranima, I've redrawned the top castle area for several days. I wish I had a scanner actually because it's pretty good IMO! Either way, the area is progressing relatively well! LOL at the non spoiler version Very Happy

Spane, I've edited my post, sorry for the mess up! Yeah Dark Prophecy is probably the cause of it!

Last edited by SePH on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:53 pm

Spane wrote:
Hey Aeranima. rendeer
I'm Spane, a german Zelda 3 Hacker. LoZ - Prophet Of Chaos
I just wanted to give a feedback to your work. I like your present work. Your lightworld is really well done. Nevertheless I still bring a small but.
You can recognize in your lightworld a few original areas. That would be for me, if I can play your hack one day :-) , a small manko.
This is not to suggest that your hack is bad. If this is the intention of you, then it is simply made ​​just awesome. And do not worry it's just my opinion. Smile
And @ SePH Very Happy My hack is called Prophet Of Chaos, not Prophecy Of Chaos. You probably have a bit of Prophecy Of Darkness mixed to.

Greetings Spane

Zup my man, Spane!

well, I've just used the original areas as templates and made great edits to them. But there's actually no place in my light world where it will look like the original. Smile I've actually made sure of that. However.

Thanks for stopping by and giving me the positive feedback! cyclops

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:56 pm

SePH wrote:
Aeranima, I've redrawned the top castle area for several days. I wish I had a scanner actually because it's pretty good IMO! Either way, the area is progressing relatively well! LOL at the non spoiler version Very Happy

Spane, I've edited my post, sorry for the mess up! Yeah Dark Prophecy is probably the cause of it!

Haha awesome, SePH!

I've done more to the Lightworld! The areas around Lake Hylia are 100% completed now. I'm currently working on death mountain which SUCKS BA-DONKEY ASS! Fk I hate that area. XD But I'm sure I'll make a great job on it!

Talk to you later guys!

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:47 am

Soon finished with the light world. The only thing left is the castle, some edits to lost woods and then it's finished! Very Happy Hurray! Finaly!

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Time for an epic update on the mapping.

I want to hear all of your opinions! I don't care if you have to register to give me your thoughts on this, so register/do what ever and let me know what you think.

Lake Hylia (3rd Temple)

Gerudo Desert a.k.a Desert Of Mystery (Puzzle Dungeon)

Death Mountain (2nd Dungeon)

Let me now! I really need to know what you guys out there think since I want you to enjoy playing through this!

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
SePH

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:54 pm

It's starting to take shape! A few more hours to go then I'm going to sleep. It might take a few extra days the finish/polish the rest of the area though! So feel free to work on other areas in the meantime, leaving me the castle area, which I'll finish as soon as I can! Smile

Your can rest assured, your hack is in good hands!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:46 am

SePH wrote:

It's starting to take shape! A few more hours to go then I'm going to sleep. It might take a few extra days the finish/polish the rest of the area though! So feel free to work on other areas in the meantime, leaving me the castle area, which I'll finish as soon as I can! Smile

Your can rest assured, your hack is in good hands!! Very Happy

Lol! study "Says in here that Aeranima don't like the turning edges of the castle... Is that true?"

Hahaha...

Well, I don't like the walls turning like that. Razz But even though it bothers me, I feel VERY interested in seeing how the entire castle will look like. XD Keep on working on it! Looking forward seeing the completion!

-Aeranima

Back to top Go down
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:49 am

Not much left.

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:44 pm

A few spoilers

Lake Hylia and the Dark World teleport to Snowy Plains.
Spoiler:

Twin Lumberjacks - Mini game area.
Spoiler:

Gerudo Desert aka Desert Of Mystery - Puzzle Dungeon.
Spoiler:

Thieves Grove - Hidden passage to Hyrule Castle.
Spoiler:

Plains Of Ruin - The main Dark World teleport. UPDATED!
Spoiler:

Bridge Of Failure - Custom made bridge.
Spoiler:

Have a great one!

-Aeranima

Last edited by Aeranima on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SePH

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:54 pm

When I look at that castle, it's like seeing LTTP meeting both Ocarina of Time and Minish Cap at the same time!
Edit... and even Mario 64!!

DAY 2... starting to take shape, partially fixed those odd wall corners. The area isn't finished yet; I still need to fix a few castle walls that don't colide properly! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:03 pm

SePH wrote:
When I look at that castle, it's like seeing LTTP meeting both Ocarina of Time and Minish Cap at the same time!

DAY 2... starting to take shape, partially fixed those odd wall corners. The area isn't finished yet; I still need to fix a few castle walls that don't colide properly! cheers

Ouch.. To be honest, that castle doesn't look as good I thought it would. :'( + it's supposed to be "inside" the mountain... :/ How can we make this castle work bro-bro? bounce

But I must say, those walls and strips looks really good!! cheers

-Aeranima

And here's a bridge I've been polishing.
Back to top Go down
SePH

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:52 pm

*goes back to the drawing board*

Could actually help if you would set me some guidelines for the castle area! It's easy to create an area but it can be tricky to create an area from someone's else vision! Otherwise, cheer up! Well get through that area! Could also help me if you told me what needs to be changed.

That bridge will be quite usefull aswell. Thanks for that Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wiiqwertyuiop
Need anything? PM me and i'll try my best to help!

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:42 pm

Not a big deal or anything, but do you think you can start linking big images instead of embedding them? It's making the page load slow.

Anyway everything looks really good! It's good to know the few zelda hackers out there actually know what they are doing! Razz

Edit: *Notices a new page was started...* Well you can embed some of them now, but once loading time gets a little longer link them instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hh-zelda-hacking.bigforumpro.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   

Back to top Go down

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next