This is a forum dedicated to Zelda hacking (specifically A Link To The Past).

HomeGalleryFAQROM MapRAM MapMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Link sleeps forever and the bed spirte is on wrong position

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jandazekon

PostSubject: Link sleeps forever and the bed spirte is on wrong position   Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:12 am

1. Clearing both overworld and dungeons + objects and items, etc.
2. Then start the game and link sleeps forever and never wakes up.
3. I don't want the priest/uncle in links house. The priest/uncle should never give link sword and shield before the castle. And zelda should not be rescued. The hyrule castle should not function the same as before. The The priest/uncle church will be removed. Then those events will never happen. I want the rain gone when i open a chest in the overworld.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: Link sleeps forever and the bed spirte is on wrong position   Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:55 am

Not sure what you mean by that. Nothing you described is possible with Alttp engine. If you remove the uncle, Link can never wake up. If you remove Zelda and the priest, the game will never go from the beginning mode (rain mode) to first part mode (no rain). The level 1 sword can not be inserted into a chest. There can not be a chest in the overworld.

Your best choise is to merge the game with the srm save, where these events have already taken place, so you will start the game in first part mode (no rain) already and with the level 1 sword already, with no uncle or priest in the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jandazekon

PostSubject: Re: Link sleeps forever and the bed spirte is on wrong position   Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:34 am

I have cleared everything without dungeons because i get: Bad error happened
Internal error, block 326 is outside range 2. and same for many blocks. Then hyrule magic crashes.
My rom are not clean empty blank cleared. I don't want to be confused with original overworlds/dungeons/caves/buildings. I want to start the overworld from scratch. Removing all mist overlays for example lost woods and death mountain underlayer clouds. And then editing zoras domain to not have water with background water sound.

As for now when i added the uncle/priest, i could get out of the building. Then the screen is black.
Puzzledude wrote:
Your best choise is to merge the game with the srm save, where these events have already taken place, so you will start the game in first part mode (no rain) already and with the level 1 sword already, with no uncle or priest in the game.
It does not work if erasing/creating a new savegame in one of the 3 slots. And i would like to have dungeon objects in the overworld.

Edit: I have to clear every overworld room lightworld/darkworld, room after room by hand manually select grass tile and draw rectangles to replace the room with only grass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: Link sleeps forever and the bed spirte is on wrong position   Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:09 pm

1. When you get the message Internal error, block 326 is outside range, your rom is already unclean and not suitable for further edits.
2. After exiting your house, the screen is black, because you have chosen remove all exits. Do not choose this option, because it will remove some of the vital white dots, that are really not exits.
3. Making a working empty rom is much more complicated as you might think. Starting of with the Alttp hex stucture of the rom, this kind of edit will most surely brake your naming screens and other data.
4. Dungeon objects can not be in overworlds. Only a mimic of the dungeon object can be inserted by special gfx edits (specially for torch - like in Parallel Worlds, which uses original water movement tiles to move the torche's fire).
5. Editing overlays requires asm, so it is best to make a new grid of the areas. The new structure will give new values to the areas, thus removing the backgrounds and overlays. This method is needed specially for area 5B. This overlay is hardcoded and can not be removed.
6. It is not wise to change Zoras domain. This area is hardocoded to water tiles (can be changed, but very difficult). Area doesnt allow any entrances or exits, only sprites. The blk and other header info, along with the entrance to the area is coded inside a special exit (white dot), which will false display in HM, but will be correct in the game. It is best to leave this area alone or remove it.
7. Regarding the inserted srm save. If you erase/create a new slot, it will still work. If you merge the srm save data into the smc, the game will always start at the event it was saved in. This was decoded by Euclid, and the code was inserted into Parallel Universes (which skips the uncle, even if you start a new game).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jandazekon

PostSubject: Re: Link sleeps forever and the bed spirte is on wrong position   Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:48 pm

1. My rom is unclean because hyrule magic corrupted it and then it's not suitable for further edits.
And i can't copy over modified music between zelda roms.

2. Then i must remove them manually one after one for every overworld room by hand?

3. I need a 100% empty alttp rom to begin with.

4. I need a better tutorial with included tools to easily add new graphics to hyrule magic.

5. I decide how big each overworld room is. Can i copy exactly all room settings from another zelda rom?

6. If zoras domain is not a normal overworld room. Then i want to remove it from my rom if i never will reach it in the game.

7. I don't have the tool with correct srm file to inject into the zelda3 rom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: Link sleeps forever and the bed spirte is on wrong position   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:14 am

If you want a clean and empty Alttp rom, you must first empty the dungeon rooms. Removing its content (data, sprites, items etc) with special orders (like remove all...) only repoints the pointers to a blank room, but all the content remains. You must empty them manually. This will also detwin rooms by data. Note some rooms will still remain header twins. This is necessary to have some free header data.

Then come the overworld areas. You fill them with grass and manually remove exits, entrances, and sprites. Finally there are monologues to erase.

Now make a new grid at the map section of Hyrule magic. One click in a big area makes 4 small ones, one click at the small area makes one big one. Rearange the areas so that there is no area 03, 05, 1B (5B in dark world) and 30 (70 in dark world).

Then comes the debug. After the global grid edits, you must choose: remove all entrances. Next is the hex restoration of title and naming screen (I havent found the hex data for those in alttp yet) and the restoration of pound shake. This one shoud be at E8000 and must have the same 2 bytes as in alttp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jandazekon

PostSubject: Re: Link sleeps forever and the bed spirte is on wrong position   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:24 pm

I have another question: Why must the game always begin in room 260?
I want the starting room to be in room 0. So that i have size freedom. Or else the rooms will cross each other. Because houses/caves/palaces/dungeons/castle/pyramid is the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omen267901

PostSubject: Re: Link sleeps forever and the bed spirte is on wrong position   Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Jandazekon wrote:
I have another question: Why must the game always begin in room 260?
I want the starting room to be in room 0. So that i have size freedom. Or else the rooms will cross each other. Because houses/caves/palaces/dungeons/castle/pyramid is the same.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's hardcoded that way. There is no way to change because, 1.The 'Uncle' Event happens in room 260, So does zelda's "Start of game speech'. And 2., Link's sleping sprite is used in this room. Unless you want link to float in midair while he sleeps, you can't modify the bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jandazekon

PostSubject: Re: Link sleeps forever and the bed spirte is on wrong position   Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:25 am

I want to remove that hardcoded room header completely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: Link sleeps forever and the bed spirte is on wrong position   Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:42 am

Not sure what you mean. Every room must have a header and there is not enough space for each of the 296 rooms to have its own header. You will never have size freedom, since the original game is completely filled. So there is no space for additional room transitions. There can be only as much transit (room header properties) as in the original. But you can change the palette and tag effects etc.

Plus there is not enough space for bringing rooms that share a same header to have separate headers. Good examples are rooms 96 and 98.

PS
You can start in any room above 255. But the starting location must be changed, the bed must be at the exact same place and uncle must be in the room (room must have the effect dark room). Might also work in rooms below 255, but not room0, which is always Ganon.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omen267901

PostSubject: Re: Link sleeps forever and the bed spirte is on wrong position   Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:26 pm

Jandazekon wrote:
I want to remove that hardcoded room header completely.

Like puzzledude said, It's hardcoded, and all rooms must have a header. If you did manage to remove it, it would destroy your ROM beyond repair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Link sleeps forever and the bed spirte is on wrong position   

Back to top Go down

Link sleeps forever and the bed spirte is on wrong position
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1