This is a forum dedicated to Zelda hacking (specifically A Link To The Past).

HomeGalleryFAQROM MapRAM MapMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Adding Obj: 089 to Entrance 00 (room 260) breaks the graphics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jandazekon

PostSubject: Adding Obj: 089 to Entrance 00 (room 260) breaks the graphics   Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:19 am

I simply added one single object. After that the graphics are destroyed and can't be undone.
Is there more objects i can't add in links room?

And i have lost progress since (Port dungeon rooms) don't work because it says:
Bad error happened, not enough room for objects.

It does not matter if there is room for objects. It complains regardless.

Edit:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: Adding Obj: 089 to Entrance 00 (room 260) breaks the graphics   Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:21 pm

I've just done the same thing and the gfx didn't break. This element is a stone. However, from what 've read, your file has to much room data. 15 percent of all 295 rooms must be empty, otherwise you'll get a message out of data. Port dungeon rooms means duplicate room. The bugs can also happen if some objects are out of range (placed to close or across the edge of the room) or if some pushable blocks are being tuched.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jandazekon

PostSubject: Re: Adding Obj: 089 to Entrance 00 (room 260) breaks the graphics   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Another problem when changing blockset:
Bad error happened The room header of room 137 is reused. Modify this one only?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: Adding Obj: 089 to Entrance 00 (room 260) breaks the graphics   Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:56 am

Alttp has a lot of empty room by preference. These are usually Data twins. When a message pops up The DATA of this room is reused, modify this one only, always say Yes, to detwin the rooms. HM can handle all rooms as non twins, but not all rooms must be full (sprite and data limit).

Room header is bigger problem. Alttp does not have all rooms with unique header data (blk, sprite blk, palette, hole/warp location etc). The space only has 16 bytes empty. When a message pops up The HEADER of this room is reused, modify this one only, always say NO. The room therefore shares the header with another room/rooms.

137 is a header twin with 136, which means that these two rooms are supposed to be in one dungeon and have the same palette, blk etc. Changing the blk of the 137, will change the 136 also.

The biggest twins are 120, 121, 122, 123, but only 123 is actually full, suggesting Nintendo wanted the rooms 120, 121, 122 in Ganon tower, but kept then empty. So an empty room is already meant, where it should be.

Go to edit, rom info; to see how much header is free (last line).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jandazekon

PostSubject: Re: Adding Obj: 089 to Entrance 00 (room 260) breaks the graphics   Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:26 pm

I jump down from room 97 to room 137:

When i step into Obj: 0FC:A (FCA). I am only teleported when i walk on one edge of it.

I can't make the teleporter work in rooms like this one:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: Adding Obj: 089 to Entrance 00 (room 260) breaks the graphics   Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:59 pm

Alttp engine requires to leave some room around the warp. The warping does not work exactly on the warp, but one random pixel around it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding Obj: 089 to Entrance 00 (room 260) breaks the graphics   

Back to top Go down

Adding Obj: 089 to Entrance 00 (room 260) breaks the graphics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hyrule Hacking :: LTTP Hacking :: ALTTP Hacking-
Jump to: