This is a forum dedicated to Zelda hacking (specifically A Link To The Past).

HomeGalleryFAQROM MapRAM MapMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I can't find a button to rotate duplicated rooms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jandazekon

PostSubject: I can't find a button to rotate duplicated rooms   Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:53 am

When i try to re-design room 98. The wall is over the door. It does not matter what layer i place the objects in. I take room 96 as reference where i should place the objects and doors in which layer.

And when i duplicate room 96 to room 98. I can't rotate it horizontally.

It should look like this:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spane

PostSubject: Re: I can't find a button to rotate duplicated rooms   Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Do you mean the door on Bg 2?
1. Bg2 must be set to normal.
2. The door must set on layer 2.
3. You have to place the object 0C6 on layer 3 over the door.
Voila Very Happy

At best you are looking at a room where that's what you want to build. Then you look at all 3 layers which objects were placed it works.

You only can duplicate rooms but you can't rotate it. You have to build each room by yourself.
I hope I could help you.

~ Spane
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: I can't find a button to rotate duplicated rooms   Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:06 am

You can Not rotate rooms in Hyrule Magic.

Do NOT use the function Duplicate rooms (both rooms will stay exactly the same, and this is Not what you want).

I assume you want to make the upper picture.
The only explanation when the wall is over the door is, because you didn't redefine bg2. Uncheck the bg1 and bg2 in HM and then mimick the original game (or the room 96) to see how this is done (you must insert object 0C2 in all the bg2, while having bg2 on Normal).

Also, rooms 98 and 96 have special doors. A special "invisible" door is placed on top of the actual door, that tells the game, that it should pass from standard bg2 room in "false" = not actual bg2 room = room 97 (this room is actually bg1 only, but looks like bg2).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jandazekon

PostSubject: Re: I can't find a button to rotate duplicated rooms   Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:01 am

There is:
Sprite
Item
Block
Torch

Is BG1 number 1 or 2 or 3?
Is BG2 number 1 or 2 or 3?

Even if i place the objects in the correct layers. It will not work as wanted when i play it in zsnes.

Edit 1:
Some objects in BG1 is behind objects in BG1 and some objects in BG1 is over objects in BG1.

First place Obj: 105 in (number 1)
Then place Obj: 10D in (number 1)
Then place Obj: 0C6 in (number 3)

Edit 2:
I have another problem where the screen only scrolls when walk to end of the screen.
The player should always be middle in the screen so that i can see enemies in front of me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: I can't find a button to rotate duplicated rooms   Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:54 pm

1 is bg1, 2 is bg2, 3 is bg3

1 is primary, 2 is only if the bg properties are set to Normal (for the lower level), 3 is always over 1 (usualy for all doors).

Regarding bg1 (and other bg-s): Every separate object will always be infront or behind other objects. It is just a question what do you want infront of what.

First insert the things you want on the "bottom", like a carpet. Then a statue on the carpet. Obviously you must not tuch the carpet while inserting this object, then the second statue, which is infront of the first statue etc.

If you then want a pattern on the carpet, do not insert it, for it will go over all statues. Rather right-click the carpet and select insert object (which will appear in the same sub-bg1 as the carpet, probably going over it, but staying under the statues).

Regarding the scrolls. If the scrolling is correct, the player is always in the middle of the screen, untill you reach the edge of the room. The scrolling will stop and the player reaches the edge, without the scrolling. When going to the center of the room, the screen will start scrolling, when the player reaches the middle of the screen either by x or y coordinate.

Of course you also have various wrong (bugged) scrollings, when attempting to modify the game. In a combination with door autoscroll this can lead to a non-movable player bug (getting stucked in the door).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jandazekon

PostSubject: Re: I can't find a button to rotate duplicated rooms   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:05 pm

I want the camera to always follow the player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: I can't find a button to rotate duplicated rooms   Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:22 pm

The camera can only work, the way it works in Alttp. It is not possible that the player stands in the very corner of the room and stands in the center of the screen, because then you would see other rooms, which are around, and you must not see other rooms, while you are in the current room. The other rooms may be from different dungeon, gfx, palette... The camera can only follow you around in one room, but will stop following you once in the "corner/edge area".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jandazekon

PostSubject: Re: I can't find a button to rotate duplicated rooms   Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Now i made a video showing the camera problem:
sendspace.com/file/04yrv5

When the player walks to the end of the screen. There is no space in front of the player.

Last edited by Jandazekon on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: I can't find a button to rotate duplicated rooms   Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:50 am

I dont see the video, but I can assume it is a scroll bug. This can be resolved only at the entrance properties, where the initial locations of the scroll are controled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jandazekon

PostSubject: Re: I can't find a button to rotate duplicated rooms   Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:37 pm

I checked ''vertical scroll'' on both entrance 03 and 05. It fixed the problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't find a button to rotate duplicated rooms   

Back to top Go down

I can't find a button to rotate duplicated rooms
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1